Sunday, September 10, 2017

Blame it on Sidebottom and Hughes

After a marathon summer working on the Crusades, Harry Sidebottom and Ian Hughes brought about a change of pace for a while.  Harry has a new Warrior of Rome book (The Last Hour) coming out in 2018 and available for pre-order from Amazon UK (unfortunately not in the US yet) that stoked my interest in Imperial Rome.  So what happened, I looked on my shelf and found these two lovelies:



Im reading both of these at once at the moment and you can guess you will see a Roman play test or two in the near future.  Both are quite good.  I have read all of Sidebottom's Warrior of Rome books and the first in the Throne of the Caesars trilogy.  I've read Hughes' books on Stilicho and Belisarius and suspect I will end up with Aetius on my shelf soon.  All are well worth the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spambots making inappropriate comments, all comments are currently moderated. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Blog Update April 2024

The focus of the blog has changed.  Field of Glory gaming in the USA is essentially dead and until a viable ancient rules comes along that h...