Thursday, February 20, 2020

Another Round of FOG 3.0 in Lee's Basement

Managed to get a game of FOG 3.0 at 800 points against Joey Miller last week in Lee's Basement.  Joey opted for Ottoman Turks with a Serbian Ally and I played Crusaders circa 1101 AD.  I did not take notes but managed to snap a few pictures of the action.  Joey won the initiative, chose Developed and opted to take two open fields, and the compulsory village.  I took the compulsory enclosed field and an open.  Most of the terrain fell on his side of the table but I was able to move the village onto the center line.  He ended up moving first and the battle see-sawed back and forth for quite a while.  At one point, I had him within two points of breaking only to loose it in one turn when things went pair shaped.  Final score was 10 of 11 attrition points for the Ottomans to 12 for the Crusaders.  Multiple turns of the Crusader not in the center refusing to wheel onto the flank of the Ottoman cavalry helped me snatch defeat from jaws of victory.  Here are a few pictures of teh game as it progressed.

Initial deployment






This was the last picture I took as I got caught up in things.  The Ottoman cavalry at the top of the picture ended up getting routed off the table by my knights.  There were Janissaries in the open field at the top and they came our swinging eventually driving towards my camp and turning around and destroying one of my knights.  My spearmen in the center eventually made a CMT and attacked the Ottoman cavalry in the center but it was too little too late.  A great game and lots of fun.  Joey and I finished in around 2.5 hours.

Meanwhile at the other end of the table, Lee Cleveland with Burmese was fighting Vince Solfronk with Anglo-Irish.  The Anglo-Irish did not like the elephants that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spambots making inappropriate comments, all comments are currently moderated. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Blog Update April 2024

The focus of the blog has changed.  Field of Glory gaming in the USA is essentially dead and until a viable ancient rules comes along that h...