Sunday, July 5, 2020

Later Republican Romans

Here are a few pictures of my Later Republican Romans that will be used for the From the Forests Deep Campaign.  Almost all of the figures are Old Glory.  Most were painted by Tom Demers of Mad Monkey Painting with a few exceptions.  I will note the exceptions in the captions.
Here ia picture of all of those that are flocked.  I have a couple more battlegroups waiting their turn.  I am trying to decide if 58 stands of legionnaires is enough.

Close up of some legionnaires.

The two red shielded Legionnaire BGs on the right of the picture I picked up off E-bay.  Still Old Glory 15s and they match up well with Tom's paint job.  

Some of the supporting cast.  The Numidians in the center line of the picture I painted.  The Numidian elephants and the light horse next to them are Corvus Belli figures.  The other Numidian light horse is Old Glory.  Behind the Elephants are OG Spanish swordsmen painted by Tom.  The six stand BG next to them are Jewish Thureophoroi in captured equipment.  I have two more stands to make them an 8 and another 8 stand BG that need to be flocked to make them into a Jewish ally.

Two BGs of heavy cavalry of the Gallic armoured variety.  I have a BG of Spanish in another box that can be pulled in if needed depending on theater.  The 8 stand BG in the middle of the picture are the ever popular Thracians with heavy weapons.

Here is a scratch built fortified camp and a 4-stand BG of Chariot (I think) Gladiators.  I built the fort and Tom painted the gladiators.  Way back in version 1 of FOG the LRR were allowed a 4-stand BG of Gladiators but alas they went away in V3.

Here is a close up of the Corvus Belli Numidians.  It just so happens I have an entire army of Numidians built under V1.  It was the first army I ever played in a FOG tournament because it was what I had.  Not currently playable under V3 as I do not have any cavalry stands and just am not motivated to paint more Numidians.

I have a BG of Illyrian spearmen I need to paint and a couple more of BGs of waiting in the wings should I opt to add more Legions to the mix.  Seems I have a dream of one day fighting a Roman Civil War with enough troops for both sides some day.  I will try and post pictures of the finished Germans next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spambots making inappropriate comments, all comments are currently moderated. My apologies for the inconvenience.

A Boy's Oath Update

 I am continuing to add to the Selected References page for the "A Boy's Oath" scenario.  I have begun going through past Slin...