Sunday, August 13, 2017

Maronite Syrian Archers Plus.

Finally finished those damnable Maronite Syrian Archers.  The figures are right out of Armies and Enemies of the Crusade.  I have read that the original image was a misinterpretation of the sources and the fabric armor they are shown wearing was actually design patterns.



I also have a work in progress for your viewing pleasure.  It is designed to be a generic camp for Crusader/Armenian/Byzantine armies.  It is on a 40mm x 80mm piece of wood.  I am working on a couple others that I will be able to group together to form a full size 120mm x 80mm FOG camp.  The pack mules are from an old DBM Late Roman Imperial army I bought years ago from Hinds, Ltd.  Not sure about the manufacturer.  The priest is a Battle Valor Games miniature out of Pennsylvania.  He is out of the Friar Tuck vein of priests as you can tell by the cask on his back.  I will try and post the finished product when I get a chance.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spambots making inappropriate comments, all comments are currently moderated. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Blog Update April 2024

The focus of the blog has changed.  Field of Glory gaming in the USA is essentially dead and until a viable ancient rules comes along that h...