Saturday, November 4, 2017

Off Line

Sorry for the lack of posts lately but I was without internet services at home for almost 2 weeks as we transitioned from DSL to U-Verse.  In the meantime I managed to update the FOG 300 base rules to be FOG 3.0 compliant and to get quite a bit of reading done.

Here are 4 books I have read since the beginning of September:


Also just finished Simon MacDowall's book:  The Vandals.  I am not a huge fan of his writing style but I will pick up a copy of his book The Goths to add to the collection anyway.


Currently, I am reading a novel by Jose Gomez-Rivera pictured below left about Aetius.  There is a second book pictured below right.  The first book I am over halfway through with but is quite interesting and describes, among other things, Aetius' time as a hostage with the Goths and a supposed relationship with Gallia Placida.


All of these continue to feed my painting of Foederate/Patrician Roman era troops for FOG.  I have an army of barbarians being painted by Paul Potter that should add quite a contrast.  I'll post pictures when the troops are closer to being finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spambots making inappropriate comments, all comments are currently moderated. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Blog Update April 2024

The focus of the blog has changed.  Field of Glory gaming in the USA is essentially dead and until a viable ancient rules comes along that h...