First up, I finished a rebasing project of Hunnic Nobles that had been languishing on my desk for a while. I started off working on these under V2 when most of the Hunnic Ally lists could have a battlegroup of Nobles. Alas, under V3 that seems to have gone by the wayside so I guess I will have to expand the Huns into a full army (800 points or so) since I have two battlegroups of them. The figures are all Old Glory. Since the Nobles pack from Old Glory in the Hun range all come with lances, I added a horse archer to each stand to flesh them out.
Next up I have finished two battlegroups of Sabir Hunnic foot warriors. The first battlegroup is Old Glory figures using the the Javelinmen from the Skythian Archers & Javelinmen pack along with the Maitotian Infantry pack found in the Sarmation range. I hope to add a third battlegroup of these in the near future along with a light foot archer battlegroup using the left over Skythian archers. I like the way these turned out.
I also added a Hunnic Command stand using Old Glory Figures. I have another one I did some time ago using Black Hat miniatures. I would most likely use that one as an ally and add two more of the Old Glory ones to round out the commanders needed for a full list.
Here is a few shots of the entire Hunnic host from this weekend together.
I am working on a full list for the Sabir Huns and have the basics down. I need to finish up the source list as I have a few quibbles with the restrictions on the use of the Sabir Huns and Dilimnites in the Later Sassanid list that I want to bring up on the forum for discussion. Hopefully the full Sabir List will be here sooner than later.
To round out the weekend is a 4-stand battlegroup of Arab Camelry with Bow. These figures are the 15mm Forged in Battle. The camels are truly tall when compared to Old Glory camels (unfortunately I did not do any comparison shots). They are packed in groups of 8 so to complete a 4 stand battlegroup two packs are needed. The figures are split waist (grrr!) and do not fit snug. There are two different upper body halves: one head has a leather band around his head and the other has a full head of hair flowing free (almost like a fro). To fill in the gaps on the waists I used a modeling adhesive I picked up at Hobby Lobby that dried clear. I think they turned out fine. BTW - along with hating split waste figures, I seem to hate painting camels too. Not sure why. Anyway, here are the pictures of the finished and based and will be joining my Pre-Islamic Arabian and Early Arab Conquest horde of troops.