Friday, March 20, 2020

Social Isolation Update 2

A couple oof weeks ago, I posted a query online about the figures to use for Mountain Indians.  I wanted to use figures that are more Afghan looking than Indian and wanted to use Old Glory 15s to be compatible with my Indians.  I did not want to use Xyston figures if at all possible due to their scale creep.

Scrounging through the mountain o'lead, I found I had quite a few of the MC08 Hippakantistai pack.  these are from the Macedonian line and have a bit of the Afghan look that I was looking for.  The maximum allowed in the Mountain Indian Ally list is 6 stands so I opted to go for all 6.




I found I had some odd figures from the LA02 Later Achaemenid Heavy Cavalry pack and I thought a local warlord might make use of some archaic armour of one of the great empires around them.  One of these figures would work nicely for the local chief then.  I had a few of these figures that I had to replace their javelins due to breakage so I opted for one of them.  I added another of the Hippakantistai to complete the general stand.  Flocking will be next. I am not sure how I am going make it look yet.  Some thing between the solid green of my Classical Indians and the burnt earth color I like for my Parthian/Sassanid/Saka.


I have a code to use for the Mountain Indian archers as well as one for the Mountain Indian spearmen.  In the coming weeks, I hope to post some more updates as the painting continues.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spambots making inappropriate comments, all comments are currently moderated. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Blog Update April 2024

The focus of the blog has changed.  Field of Glory gaming in the USA is essentially dead and until a viable ancient rules comes along that h...