Sunday, March 29, 2020

Social Isolation Week 2

Been working on updating the Broken Rays of the Sun Campaign scenario this week.  Christopher Parker of Day of Battle Games has developed a very interesting vehicle for doing campaigns and the Spring 2020 version of the Broken Rays of the Sun Campaign has incorporated some of his thoughts while combining parts of the original design.  I hope some of you find it of interest.

Spring 2020 Broken Rays of the Sun

Painting continues this week.  Last week I updated everyone on the Mountain Indian Light Horse I completed.  This week I have been working on odds and ends while fleshing out my Scythian Horse Archers and finishing a few odd figures for my Classical Indians.


On the left, we have the Mountain Indian Cavalry from last week (my son added the palm tree).  In the back, the beginnings of two 4-stand BGs of Old Glory Skythian Horse Archers (OG pack SK03).  The two horses in front of the Skythians will be part of a steppe army camp using the FIB SK06 Skythian 2 horse Wagons.  In front of them, is a single base of cattle.  I am sometimes induced to play ADLG with the Birmingham Bunnies and my other friends in the GCC and the Classical Indians are allowed a stand of stampeding cattle.  These work as a scythe chariot of sorts in ADLG.  The cattle are from Khurasan (from their West Sudanese Range - no pack #) and the two herders are Essex.  In front of the cattle, there are 8 bases laid out with the first few figures painted of the FIB WEPS09 Daylami Hillmen.  I have another pack of these waiting to be primed as well.  I think these will work well as generic hillmen for anywhere in the Persian East.  Down front on the right, you see 4 stands of Classical Indians.  The two stands on the left are a mix of foot from OG IN04 & IN05 with an extra officer from IN01A thrown in.  The two stands on the right have figures from the OG IN06.  In the far right you can see a single finger from a Skythian foot archer BG I am working on.

I hope to have some finished stands to roll out for next week and maybe even an AAR.

Until next time, keep rolling high (unless you need low).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spambots making inappropriate comments, all comments are currently moderated. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Blog Update April 2024

The focus of the blog has changed.  Field of Glory gaming in the USA is essentially dead and until a viable ancient rules comes along that h...