Sunday, January 20, 2019

Update

Apologies to everyone for the lack of posts but work and the pending FOG Tournament (Cold Iron IV) have been using up my time.

In fact, I have been busy painting Early Scots for the tournament and am almost finished.  Just have to add flags and flocking to the troops.  The camp is close and may be done by tomorrow.


I have gone with the beginning of the Early Scots era so there is a mixture of Picts and Generic Dark Age types.  I like their look and hope they do well on the table.  The figures are all a mix of 15mm Old Glory, Essex, Splintered Light and Khurasan.  I think there may be one of two Two Dragons and Museum figures in there as well.

I blame Cornwell for this.  After watching season 3 of the Last Kingdom, I started reading the Saxon Tales again from the beginning.  Working on Book 4 - Sword Song now.


I hope to capture the look of a decaying Roman shrine in the dark ages with the camp.  The model itself is the Ruined Temple from Forged in Battle Miniatures.  I have one of the dark age generic carts from Khurasan that I am planning on adding to the base along with two FIB Gallic Civilians. I will be sure to post pics when it is done.

Until next time,...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spambots making inappropriate comments, all comments are currently moderated. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Blog Update April 2024

The focus of the blog has changed.  Field of Glory gaming in the USA is essentially dead and until a viable ancient rules comes along that h...