Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Campaign Update

Taking a bit of a break from the Broken Rays of the Sun Campaign for now.  We still are in the Summer of 220 AD and there is still no clear King of Kings.

In true wargamer fashion, I have been distracted reading about the Sumerians, Akkadians, Elamites and the like.  The Happy Wanderer created a nice blog covering the period several years ago called Sumer to Sargon that provides quite a bit of information to digest.  Too bad he is not still working on it.

To complicate things there are these nice new Sumerians from Museum that look exquisite.  Price is not too bad for almost 1000 points of FOG to cover most options.  The plunge has been taken and to speed up production I went ahead and commissioned Mark Kernan of The One Tree Painting Service to paint them up.  Mark has done a couple of armies for me and I try to send him work at least once a year.  I will be working on some Amorite Mercenaries to flesh them out and will post pictures of the entire host once it is finished and based.

In the meanwhile, I am drafting a map for a possible campaign during the age of Sumer.  Trying to get some computer images to fit on a hand drawn background to improve the map look.  I will post when I get something worth looking at.  Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to your camopaign. I have some Sumerian 10mm to finish up. Maybe this will spark me to finish them!
    John

    ReplyDelete

Due to spambots making inappropriate comments, all comments are currently moderated. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Blog Update April 2024

The focus of the blog has changed.  Field of Glory gaming in the USA is essentially dead and until a viable ancient rules comes along that h...