Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Campaign Update

I have completed the draft of the campaign rules and they can be viewed by following the link below

A War Like No Other

Please remember this is still a draft.  I am working out a few kinks before I try it on the cut down map I posted earlier.

I have also completed two more army markers:  Sultanate of Aleppo and the Principality of Antioch.




As you can see the generic crescent and star that I went with for Aleppo looks better than the Pac Man control marker.  I decided to go with the solid red banner for Antioch.  I have found a few different versions for Antioch.  One shows a red field quartered with the Fleur de Lys in the top right and bottom left.  I am not sure when the arms of France were added but it would have had to have been after the male line of Bohemund died out.  Another reference I saw claims that the de Hauteville family arms (or a variation) were used.  These had a blue field with a bend of red and white lozenges. No book I have every read that speaks directly to Bohemund and the 1st Crusades mentions these last two so I went with the red field.

I hope to add a couple special event markers for the campaign for my next post and maybe a test game of FOG 300 with Early Crusaders versus Syrian States.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spambots making inappropriate comments, all comments are currently moderated. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Blog Update April 2024

The focus of the blog has changed.  Field of Glory gaming in the USA is essentially dead and until a viable ancient rules comes along that h...