Friday, November 20, 2020

The 1st Crusaders or Some of them, anyway.

 Coming off the Chilled Iron FOG Tournament recently where my Crusaders made another foray onto the table, I decided to start work on my Post-1st Crusade campaign again and ended up taking pictures of my current collection.  I love the Norman look of the first crusaders and have a load of them still unpainted.  Most of the figures are Old Glory 15s but there are some odds and ends mixed in.  I will add comments in the captions where there are different figures.

Here is the whole host with two camps in the background.

These are my generic leaders.  All of the command figures are from the OG15 pack NO01 Command with an extra milite from either OG15 pack NO02 or NO06.

These are my more specific leaders.  The left one is supposed to be Raymond of Toulouse and these are from the Essex Norman command pack.  The middle is Adhemar Le Puy and these are various figures I found in the spares box.  The far right is Beranger of Narbonne.  The colors are speculative but they look nice.  The figures on that stand are all OG15s from the command and cavalry packs.

These two stands I painted and they are a mix of OG15s NO02 and NO06.

Thomas Demers of Mad Monkey Painting painted these two stands and they too are a mix of NO02 and NO06.

These serve as my Turcopoles/Byzantine Cavalry.  They also do double duty in my Seljuk Turk army and Komnenan Byzantine army.  They are a mix of figures from OG15 packs ST03, ST08 and ST09.

The infantry in the front are OG15s with a mix of NO05A and NO07.  Thomas Demers painted most of these figures with a few that I did.  The horde in the back are a mix of manufacturers from all over.  Some I picked up years ago from Hinds Painting and a few I painted.  The archers on the left are a mix of OG15 NO04D and some random Baueda Norman archers I had.  There may also be a random Essex figure in there.

The spearmen in the front are a big time mix of Khurasan Norman and Southern Lombard Milites, Essex and OG15s.  The OG15s are from NO05B.  The archers behind are the Syrian Christian Archers from OG15 pack OR08.  I painted both of these groups.  The Horde in the top left are mentioned earlier.

Here we have another group of spear that I painted.  They too are a mixture of OG15s, Khurasan and Essex miniatures.  The Crossbow behind are OG15s mainly from the FC04B pack.

This is my Crusader fortified camp.  I picked it up off Ebay, rebased it, redid the gate and added the cobblestones.  Wish it was middle eastern in color but it works.

These three bases together work for a full sized unfortified camp for FOG and split apart work for three FOG 300 camps.  The two ships I picked up years ago in a HYW English army I purchased from Hinds Painting.  The other base has a wizard from Battle Valor's Fantasy line and three mules I picked up in a mixed bag from Hinds painting.


1 comment:

  1. Great job! I love this era of history and have armies of all the participants in both 15mm and 28mm. Can't get enough of this era. Thanks for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete

Due to spambots making inappropriate comments, all comments are currently moderated. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Blog Update April 2024

The focus of the blog has changed.  Field of Glory gaming in the USA is essentially dead and until a viable ancient rules comes along that h...